Dont under estimate Asian Hornets

Screenshot_20181130-101914_Instagram

The Asian giant hornet, known scientifically as Vespa mandarinia, carries a venom that destroys red blood cells, which can result in kidney failure and death

The operative word being “can”, as opposed to “does”.

From Wikipedia: “Fatalities from envenomation are primarily related to anaphylactic shock or cardiac arrest, though rare cases have occurred where patients died as a result of multiple organ failure, typically after a relatively large number of stings. Those who died of multiple organ failure additionally exhibited signs of skin hemorrhaging and necrosis, though both are otherwise rare. The two likely reasons for skin hemorrhaging and necrosis are an inability to effectively neutralize the venom, or unusually potent venom toxicity for that set of stings. In either case, these stings lead to multiple organ injury. While not everyone displayed lesions or necrosis, a strong correlation existed between the number of stings and the severity of injury. Those who died, on average, were stung 59 times (with a standard deviation of 12) while those who survived suffered 28 stings (with a standard deviation of 4).”

Also, I could be wrong, but I’m not sure that picture is even of Asian Giant hornets. Most of them are more yellow than black, at least from the pictures I’ve seen.

Also from Wikipedia https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/2b/Vespa_mandarinia_japonica_IMG_0214.JPG/220px-Vespa_mandarinia_japonica_IMG_0214.JPG